In the wake of last week’s senseless tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, please join JWI in thanking President Obama for his remarks on Sunday and calling on him to put gun control legislation and access to mental health services at the top of his agenda. This is a first step in what we hope will be a concerted effort to build a world free of violence. Please add your voice to ours by co-signing our letter.
- JWI's innovative programs, advocacy and philanthropic initiatives protect the fundamental rights of all girls and women to live in safe homes, thrive in healthy relationships, and realize the full potential of their personal strength.
- After crisis intervention, domestic violence survivors face another hurdle: D.C.’s affordable housing crunch washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/47442… via @wcp 1 day ago
- The majority of mass shootings in the US are in the home, and the victims are predominantly women & children. huffpost.com/us/entry/55d38… 2 days ago
- Hey @GTJews, can we nominate @dfleit for Jewish Comedian of the Decade? Go Dana! Thanks for being JWI's sunshine! gatherthejews.com/2015/08/jewish… 2 days ago
- What happens when we #ChangeTheCulture? Lessons from a nation leading on gender equality
- JWI’s Summer Series for Interns is off to a great start!
- The hypocrisy of advocacy and sports
- Title IX complaint at American U. reinforces need for campus activism against sexual assault
- On #EqualPayDay, a soon-to-be college grad faces her future – and the wage gap.
- The Grammys’ mixed messages on domestic violence
if you need help: