Jennifer Livingston, an anchor for CBS affiliate WKBT in LaCrosse, Wisc., took a moment Tuesday morning, Oct. 2, 2012, to address an email sent by a viewer who felt justified in criticizing her weight. Livingston seized the opportunity to call attention to National Anti Bullying Month – which shares October with breast cancer and domestic violence. Her stern, dignified response is making the rounds on social media worldwide.
- JWI's innovative programs, advocacy and philanthropic initiatives protect the fundamental rights of all girls and women to live in safe homes, thrive in healthy relationships, and realize the full potential of their personal strength.
- Here's what we want for Hanukkah: equal pay, affordable reproductive health care, and more women in politics! bit.ly/2jTGbv2 1 hour ago
- Americans are 25x more likely to die from guns than citizens of any other developed nation. We need to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- 1,700+ mass shootings since 2012 – time to #HonorWithAction and pass strong, commonsense gun safety standards. 1 day ago
- Racy Instagrams and the Lessons of Purim
- At Rutgers, Campus Ambassador promotes awareness and conversation to #ChangeTheCulture
- What happens when we #ChangeTheCulture? Lessons from a nation leading on gender equality
- JWI’s Summer Series for Interns is off to a great start!
- The hypocrisy of advocacy and sports
- Title IX complaint at American U. reinforces need for campus activism against sexual assault
if you need help: