This week our Mother’s Day Flower Project is in full swing! Hundreds of people across the country are making generous donations in honor of the special women in their lives, many with warm messages to accompany the card that JWI sends to honorees. This project provides Mother’s Day flowers to women in battered women’s shelters across the United States, and also reminds each of us to take a moment to think about our mothers – and mothers who are less fortunate. We asked Lyn Chasen, chair of the Mother’s Day Flower Project, to share her thoughts about her own mom. We hope you enjoy her heartfelt message:
- JWI's innovative programs, advocacy and philanthropic initiatives protect the fundamental rights of all girls and women to live in safe homes, thrive in healthy relationships, and realize the full potential of their personal strength.
- Um, huh??? --> Scott Walker Wants Colleges to Stop Reporting Sexual Assaults jezebel.com/scott-walker-w… via @Jezebel 3 days ago
- The Senate failed to advance S. 534 today by a vote of 57-42. Thank you for your advocacy and calls to your Senators! 3 days ago
- Vote on S. 534 could be today; please call Senators now to urge vote against bill that undoes protections for victims of DV & sexual assault 3 days ago
- The Grammys’ mixed messages on domestic violence
- The real game changer: Super Bowl ads
- Stanford, Vanderbilt and bystander intervention on college campuses
- Alcohol, athletes and assault: Playing the blame game at Vanderbilt
- The Forward, take note: Voyeurism is violence
- Sorry, TIME. “Feminist” is here to stay.
- Stories of DVAM: Caroline Griggs
if you need help: