This week our Mother’s Day Flower Project is in full swing! Hundreds of people across the country are making generous donations in honor of the special women in their lives, many with warm messages to accompany the card that JWI sends to honorees. This project provides Mother’s Day flowers to women in battered women’s shelters across the United States, and also reminds each of us to take a moment to think about our mothers – and mothers who are less fortunate. We asked Lyn Chasen, chair of the Mother’s Day Flower Project, to share her thoughts about her own mom. We hope you enjoy her heartfelt message:
- JWI's innovative programs, advocacy and philanthropic initiatives protect the fundamental rights of all girls and women to live in safe homes, thrive in healthy relationships, and realize the full potential of their personal strength.
- .@Ana_R_Quintana says the election can be frustrating, but that's not going to stop her from voting. #VoteLikeAGirl… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 9 minutes ago
- THURSDAY: Don't miss our *FREE* #DVAM conference call with @vj44 . #EndGBV #ItsOnUs #ChangeTheCulture ow.ly/Bapm305pPGK 2 hours ago
- These Bubbes Have Waited 96 Years for This kveller.com/these-bubbes-h… via @kveller #VoteLikeAGirl 1 day ago
- Racy Instagrams and the Lessons of Purim
- At Rutgers, Campus Ambassador promotes awareness and conversation to #ChangeTheCulture
- What happens when we #ChangeTheCulture? Lessons from a nation leading on gender equality
- JWI’s Summer Series for Interns is off to a great start!
- The hypocrisy of advocacy and sports
- Title IX complaint at American U. reinforces need for campus activism against sexual assault
if you need help: